Traditional Punjabi Chicken Curry.
You can have Traditional Punjabi Chicken Curry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Traditional Punjabi Chicken Curry
- You need 4 lb of chicken wings (skinned).
- Prepare 1 of regular onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of Cofresh Crushed Frozen Garlic.
- It’s 2 of Cofresh Crushed Frozen Ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of tumeric powder.
- It’s 0.5 tbsp of paprika powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala (Old Indian garam masala-ground).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of freshly cracked pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of green bird's eye chilli chopped.
- Prepare 0.25-0.5 cup of garlic greens, chopped.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of salt.
Traditional Punjabi Chicken Curry step by step
- Wash the chicken with water, add to a pot with boiled water (until the chicken is coveres) and 1 tbsp salt. Simmer on a low/medium flame for 10 minutes (uncovered)..
- While you wait for the chicken, in a pot (medium heat) add the ghee. Once melted, add the garlic and ginger and onion, cook until frozen garlic ginger has cooked down (2 minutes). Add tumeric powder, 0.5 tbsp salt, paprika, masala, and black pepper. Mix and add chilli, once the oil floats ot the top it is ready (turn to low flame).
- After 10 minutes drain the water from the chicken (with care), and rinse the chicken again. Discard of the water and add the chicken into the pot with the masala and add hot water until it is 0.5 inches below chicken..
- Turn heat to low/medium heat and cook for 15 minutes (without the lid). Then turn to a medium heat and add chopped garlic greens and mix. Cook the curry until the chicken is cooked/falling off the bone..
- Serve with hot chapattis and raita.