You can have Chicken Karahi using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Karahi
- It’s 500 g of Chicken (Small to Medium Sized Pieces).
- Prepare of Oil/Ghee (Half Cup).
- You need of Tomatoes (4 or 200g Sliced).
- You need of Garlic Paste / Crushed (1 Tea Spoon).
- It’s of Ginger Paste / Crushed (1 Tea Spoon).
- Prepare of Ginger Sliced.
- Prepare 5 of Green Chillies / Bullet Chillies.
- You need of Red Chillies Ground (1/2 Spoon).
- It’s of Salt (As per your need).
- You need of Corriander Ground.
- You need of Black Pepper (1/2 Teaspoon).
- Prepare of Cinnamon Ground (Just a pinch).
- You need of Cumin seeds (1 Teaspoon).
Chicken Karahi step by step
- Mixed half of the ground spices (Salt, Corriander, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Cumin, Seeds and marinate on the chicken with the help of garlic and ginger paste. Marinate it for 15-20 minutes..
- In a separate utensil (Karahi), boil the oil for 40 seconds or until it is hot. Then mix the tomatoes and keep crushing them with the help of a spoon until it becomes a tomato paste for about 8-10 minutes on full flame. Reduce the flame and mix half of the remaining ground spices in the tomato paste..
- Dip the marinated chicken pieces in the tomato paste. Make sure to keep mixing and moving the chicken while the it's on the high flame for 2 minutes. Then reduce the flame to low, cover the pot for 5 minutes or until the meat gets tender. Add the green chillies, cover it and leave the pot on a high flame for 4 minutes. The chicken Karahi is ready to serve..
- Serve the chicken Karahi with hot naan or chapatis..